The Ekiti couple who were kidnapped on Sunday September 19, less than a week to their wedding, have regained their freedom.
RANT HQ had reported earlier that the lovers were abducted along Ilasa-Ekiti-Ayebode Road, in Ekiti East Local Government Area while returning to their base after purchasing some items for their wedding.
Their engagement was billed for Friday and Saturday (today) is for the wedding proper,” a source said.
Another source, who said the couple was devastated on return from the kidnappers’ den, told City Round that the wedding would no longer be held on Friday and Saturday as planned, adding, “another date would be fixed for the marriage.
Another source, who said the couple was devastated on return from the kidnappers’ den, told City Round that the wedding would no longer be held on Friday and Saturday as planned, adding, “another date would be fixed for the marriage.”
Yes, they have been released. The release came after efforts from the Police, the military, Amotekun, vigilante group and local hunters.
“Immediately we got the report that they were kidnapped, the Police Commissioner, Tunde Mobayo, mobilised our men and officers to the surrounding forests,” adding that the security agents were working in conjunction with Amotekun Corps, local hunters and vigilante group combing the forests to free the victims.”
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Sunday Abutu, confirmed the release of the two lovers.
The police spokesperson also revealed that three suspects have been arrested in connection to the incident. They are being detained at the Police headquarters in Ado Ekiti and would be arraigned as soon as investigation is concluded