UPDATE ON COVID-19
Ncdc announces 476 new cases of COVID-19. Lagos-235 FCT-44 Kaduna-41 Borno-33 Plateau-28 Abia-13 Edo-13 Rivers-12 Imo-11 Oyo-10 Kano-9 Kwara-7 Enugu-5 Katsina-5 Gombe-4 Ogun-4 Nasarawa-1 Zamfara-1 50,964 confirmed 37,569 discharged 992 deaths
As at 20th August 2020 there are 50,964 confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Nigeria. 37,569 have been discharged with 992 deaths.
Here is a list of affected states. ?
Cross River- 77
Total of 50,964 cases We all need to work together to end the spread of COVID-19.
TO PROTECT YOURSELF: ? _________________________ – Put on facemasks when ever you are going out.
– Maintain at least 6 feets physical distance between you and the next person.
– Don’t touch surfaces
– Always wash you hands with soap under running water or with alcohol based hand sanitizer when water and soap isn’t available.
– If you must enter a public transport or a bike, ensure they are using facemasks and always have your facemasks on.
– Call your hospital if you notice any of the COVID-19 related symptoms.
– Avoid crowded places.
– Work from home as much as possible, if you can.
– ?Stay at home if you feel unwell – even with a slight fever and cough..
– ? Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze, and properly dispose the tissue in a covered bin.
Thanks Dr Kelechi Williams Igbokwe.